6 Top Tips When Shopping for Amber Baby Jewelry
When you’re shopping for amber teething jewelry, there are several key points to keep in mind. As with any product, there are differences in quality and differences in the distributors of the product. We’ve listed some helpful tips below that will help you make an informed choice when shopping for amber teething jewelry.
1. Choose Trustworthy Distributor! Amber comes in many different shades and can easily be copied by disreputable dealers. Since the tests to determine if your amber is authentic cannot be performed until after the amber is in your possession, determining that your provider is trustworthy before making a purchase is very important. Be sure to verify that the distributor that you are dealing with has a verifiable history of selling genuine amber teething jewelry before making your purchase. Check to see how long they have been in business and check for real life testimonials from people who have purchased amber teething jewelry from them. Also, check out their guarantee and return policy, shipping costs and, of course, that they provide a secure and safe payment option.
2. Make sure it’s Baltic Amber! Just as all herbal supplements are not of equal quality, the healing properties contained in different types of amber can vary, also. Look for true Baltic amber. True Baltic amber is tree resin that has been fossilized over millions of years. Tree resin that is only a few thousand years old is sometimes also referred to as amber, but does not contain the concentration of succinic acid that is found in Baltic amber, which ranges from 3 – 8%.
3. Check how the jewelry is made! The safety of children who will be wearing the amber teething jewelry should always be your first concern. Amber teething necklaces should always have each individual bead knotted in place. This will prevent the beads from breaking lose from the necklace and scattering like beads would on a traditional necklace string.
4. Shop for raw(unpolished) amber beads! Understanding how the amber teething jewelry works will help you choose the most effective products. First of all, amber is not a stone. It is a fossilized resin. When the amber is worn next to the skin, the warmth from the body heat releases natural oils, which are absorbed through the skin. It is the succinic acid contained in the oils,which has the healing properties that help relieve the pain, inflammation and drooling related to teething. When the amber is in its raw state and hasn’t been polished, it will release a higher percentage of the healing succinic acid. Always check for an indication that the teething jewelry is made from RAW amber.
5. Size is important! Selecting the proper size of amber teething jewelry for the baby that is going to wear it is another important safety issue. A necklace should be big enough to make the wearing comfortable for your little ones but small enough to make it difficult for baby to put necklace in the mouth. Recommended sizing is as follows:
up to 2 years old – 12” – 12.5”
2 – 4 years old – 12.5” – 13”
4-6 years old – 13” – 13.5”
6. Shop for lighter colors. You’ll find that natural amber comes in many different color. Although every color of Baltic amber contains succinic acid, it is believed that the lighter colors contain a higher level of this medicinal ingredient. Milky and lemon are considered some of the strongest amber colors. Honey and Cognac fit in the next highest level. Dark Green, Cherry and Dark Cherry would be the lowest on the scale for the Baltic amber, but still provide effective relief, even at the lower level.
Amber teething jewelry has been used for years in Europe to help alleviate the discomfort of teething in babies and young children. The natural soothing properties of amber are now becoming more widely known and accepted. Research the claims yourself and then seek out trusted suppliers to order your amber teething jewelry from. Your baby’s gums will find the relief they need as those new teeth are pushing through. A happy baby means happy parents!